Conversion Module as entry into Masters Programme
Experienced practitioners, who can demonstrate previous coaching training equivalent to the i-coach Certificate in Coaching Practice programme, may be considered for a Conversion Module and entry directly into the second year of the Masters in Professional Coaching programme.
The Conversion Module offers recognition for prior learning through Middlesex University, UK, and provides the opportunity to benchmark your practice with a learning cohort in a similar Professional Review as participants of the Certificate in Coaching Practice programme. The module builds on your previous coaching training and experience and enables you to integrate your experience and make explicit your individual approach to professional coaching practice.
Who is it for?
Experienced coaches who are looking for a programme that will recognise their previous training and experience, while offering a learning journey to challenge and enhance their professional coaching practice and provide Masters level accreditation.
Upon successful completion of the Conversion Module you will receive 30 level four credits from Middlesex University, UK which will allow you to seamlessly enter the second year Masters in Professional Coaching Programme.
The Conversion Module assists you to critically reflect on your existing knowledge and experience of coaching and to articulate your particular approach to professional coaching practice.
After your Skills Assessment, the learning journey begins with a three-day Professional Practice and Self Insight Module where you will work with Faculty and a learning cohort to exchange information about professional coaching practice and underpinning theories and approaches. You will also begin the journey to making your coaching practice explicit. During the module you will participate in learning activities, listen to presentations on relevant topics and establish relationships with others whose interests and work parallel your own.
The Programme Director will work with you to develop an individually tailored programme which will support you to prepare for the Professional Review – Practitioner Level. This programme will depend on your previous experience and coaching training.
- 1:1 framework coaching to support you to make explicit the current underpinnings and approach in your practice and, if relevant, to integrate new theories and approaches.
- Participation in some master classes on theoretical perspectives that you may not have encountered in previous training for example Cognitive Behavioural Approach to Coaching.
- 1:1 Practice Supervision – to support those who have not had sufficient hours of supervision prior to joining the programme to meet their hour requirements.
- 1:1 coaching – to support those who have not received sufficient hours of coaching prior to joining the Conversion Module to meet their hour requirements.
- Participation in Professional Review Module – a presentation of your coaching framework and model, demonstration of your coaching practice and engagement in a feedback exercise.
Reflection and Assignments
Keeping a learning journal and critically reflecting on your entries through assignments is core to increasing your awareness of the multiple processes at play and evolving best practice for your individual coaching practice. As part of the Conversion Module you will be required to complete a conversion assignment (4000 words) which critically reflects on your coaching related training and experience including your participation in the above activities with i-coach. The assignment is completed in a portfolio format which effectively references training and theoretical inputs and evidences supervision, individual coaching and applied coaching hours.
- To undertake the Conversion Module you will need to demonstrate extensive coaching experience and training equivalent to the i-coach Certificate in Coaching Practice.
- An academic qualification in a related subject area such as business, counselling, sports coaching or HR. In the absence of academic qualifications previous experience (five years or more) in business leadership counselling or sports coaching will be considered.
- A conversation with i-coach faculty is essential to exploring how you might access the Conversion Module and what bespoke elements it might comprise.
To learn more join us at an open evening in London or call us to arrange an individual appointment.
To undertake the Conversion Module you will need to demonstrate extensive coaching experience and coaching training equivalent to the first year i-coach Certificate in Coaching Practice programme. An academic qualification in a related subject area such as business, counselling, sports coaching or performance management is useful. However, in absence of academic qualifications, previous experience (five years plus) in business, leadership, counselling or sports coaching will be considered. You will attend an interview with a senior member of Faculty and may, as a result, participate in a Skills Benchmarking Day.
This is a tailored programme and any individual requirements, bespoke add-ons and one-to-one coaching will be charged in addition to the base fee.
- Skills Assessment Day – £340 + VAT (non-refundable)
- 1:1 email and Professional Practice and Self Insight Module – £1,750 + VAT
- Professional Review – £1,750 + VAT
- CPD/Supervision Group Sessions – estimated six sessions at £1,350 + VAT
- Individual Supervision – £120 per hour
- Individual Framework Coaching – £120 per hour
** Please note we charge a one-off fee of £100 + VAT for those who wish to pay in tranches
How to Apply?
Please complete and send a contact form giving your full details, including your preferred contact number and/or email, and state which programmes and dates you are interested in. On receipt, a member of the i-coach team will contact you to explore your individual learning needs to ensure you have what you need to make an informed decision about enrolling on an i-coach programme.